Friday 4 January 2013

2013!

WAHEY! It's 2013, and I can finally start the wedding planning without Mark saying 'Lets just get Christmas out of the way first...' Im so excited to start making all my ideas into reality and blogging about it along the way!

I had hoped by now to be able to share my little project I am working on but due to some logistical issues I haven't had part of it arrive, hopefully it will make an appearance in the next few days!

One thing i have started doing is collecting various sizes of wine, beer and cider bottles for some of my table decorations. I know its a bit early to be worrying about table decorations yet, but until we have set a date, theres not much else i can do except the little things (it also gives me an excuse to drink more wine!)

I plan on using yarn to wrap around the bottles as part of a centre piece. I found this on Pintrest, and its very similar to what I will be trying to do.




Im thinking they will look very in-theme with the wedding, and will cost practically nothing to make.


I also want to say that I've had some really lovely and unexpected emails and messages since starting my blog, offering help, advice and even decorations and a hair piece to borrow for the day to help meet my budget.
It really reminded me how kind some people are, and I cant thank those people enough for being so unbelievably generous to go out of their way to offer help. Im feeling very inspired to extend on the generosity to other brides-to-be somehow...just need to work out how!
My email address for anyone who wants to contact me but isn't sure how is at the bottom of this post - I would love to hear from more of you!

I hope to blog more this coming week, about my project, my wedding planning schedule and hopefully our meeting with Paul - the owner of the pub we want to have our reception in. It's time to get this ball really rolling now!




My Email: rebeccabradleysmith@btinternet.com


1 comment: