Sunday 13 January 2013

WHAT A WEEK!

I have not stopped this week, I recently went back to work from maternity leave and the last few weeks have been totally manic between mine and Marks schedules. It hasn't left much time for wedding planning (much to my frustration) and my project I was working on also didn't go completely to plan. Grrr.

My project was a card which I wanted to make for my sister, asking her to be my maid of honour. I had asked her informally, but I wanted to do something special for her. After a few total disaster attempts at making my own card (Grrr), I ended up ordering one (which the lady let me design parts of!) from a gorgeous shop on Etsy, which has since been taken down, and I now can't find it to link it (Grrr, again) It only cost about £3.50 for the card, and £2.00 for the delivery, which for such a unique piece, i thought was a bargain!



The picture of it isn't great. My lighting in my kitchen is awful (soon to be changed though thank goodness!) and I took the picture on my iPhone, but you get the gist. Inside I wrote a little note, asking my sister if she would take the job, and telling her I need her along for the ride! 

I then planned on posting it to her house, but since I haven't even had a chance to make it into town this week, I decided to just give it to her today at a family lunch we had. Obviously the whole thing was destined to go horribly wrong because I had a bag of her things and popped it in there so I wouldn't forget it and then ended up forgetting I had put it in there...so she found it rather unceremoniously while I had my hands full with Harry. (Grrrrrrrr)

ANYWAY! The basic idea of the project, was to give my sister a little something to mark the beginning of what will hopefully be lots of fun times planning the wedding. I couldn't do it without her (she is my go-to person in a crisis!) and she not only knows how to handle my emotional meltdowns but doesn't judge me for them either, so I think she's the best person for the job!

In other wedding related news, Mark has also asked his friend Dion if he will be his best man, and we are going out for dinner with Dion and his girlfriend on Thursday, where im sure we will discuss wedding business!!

While on the topic of Mark, he is desperately in need of a good kick up the bum, as he STILL hasn't organised a day for us to go and see Paul (the owner of the White Hart) about our reception - and because of that - all real planning business is on hold! Therefore, I should publish this post and get nagging him until he gets on with it!

Hope everyone had a nice weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment