Sunday 20 January 2013

Favours!



So, Mark had ONE job this week. Which was to organise speaking to his boss about using the White Hart as a reception location. Did he manage to do it? Of course not!

So rather then turning into a bridezilla at such an early stage in the wedding planning I have decided to instead tackle the list that my VERY organised Maid of Honour has emailed me! (While glaring at Mark occasionally to make my point clear!) 

I've decided on some things I can get working on, one of which is the envelopes for my favours. I have decided on a bit of an 'alternative' favour, and have had some very mixed reviews about them so far! 

Im going to be favouring our guests with a packet of seeds. Yes, garden seeds. Probably seeds for some english tea roses, which are the flowers i plan on using for the wedding. Roses are perennials, which mean they blossom each year without being replanted. They often get off to a slow start the first year, with only a few flowers, but by the third year they are in full bloom. I like the poetic thought of this for our marriage, that each year it will grow and blossom more and more (just like the seeds!)

So while some people have looked at me like I have grown three heads when I have suggested this idea, I have decided that I love it and so it shall go! Im not a fan of the traditional almonds or chocolates and think the seeds are a more personal touch. 

They are also very budget friendly! I'm going to make the envelopes with some vintage, environmentally friendly paper (which I am yet to find) and I cant wait to get started on them! 

As for Marks job of talking to his boss...what a man can do a woman can do better! He has a three day time limit before I go down there myself! 

Let me know what you think of the seeds idea, and if anyone is an expert in envelope making, I'd love to hear any tips!


No comments:

Post a Comment